The Paulinenschlößchen was built in 1847 on orders of the Duchess Pauline von Nassau, who, since 1841 regularly came to Soden to take cures. In 1855 she sold the building to the physician Georg Thilenius. Until its sale to the city of Soden in 1909, it was a popular guesthouse. Here, in the eighties and nineties of the 19th century, rulers, princes and princesses, ministers, military officers chose accommodation during their spas. Among them, were the Princess Bismarck and her daughter. Today the Paulinenschlößchen is home to the Central Citizens’ Office of Bad Soden.